Thursday 19 November 2015, 8.30pm / Friday 20 November 2015, 9pm / Playground (STUK Kunstencentrum & M-Museum), Leuven
Ieva Miseviciutè, Master in Political Science, Master in Cultural Analysis, will finally get her PhD, in one hour, right in front of you, granted by her tongue! The tongue bares the memory of the animal, the instinctual, but also is the main tool with which we express our humanness. It is a bridge between madness and intelligence. Tongue PhD consists of ten chapters each investigating a different metaphoric lens of the tongue. This solo piece fuses elements of physical theater, academic reverie, dance and Butoh, structured in the format of a PhD dissertation.
Concept, text, choreography and scenography: Ieva Miseviciutè
Outside Eye, Butoh training and movement development: Vangeline
Light design: Eugenijus Sabaliauskas, Andrius Stasiulis
Sound: Gediminas Žygus, Sebastian Butt, Charlie Murray
Script writing assistance: Michael Portnoy
Scenography development: Bram Coeman and BUDA, Kortijk
Production and curating: Monika Lipšic and Maaike Gouwenberg
- Ieva MisevičiūtėTongue PhD
- Hoofdcategorie: Corpus
- Thursday 19 and Friday 20 November 2015, 8.30pm
- Thursday 19–Friday 20 November 2015
- Playground (STUK Kunstencentrum & M-Museum), Leuven
- Ieva Misevičiūtė, ‘Tongue PhD’, performance, presented as part of Playground 2015, 19 and 20 November 2015. Photography: Joeri Thiry/STUK.